christmas quilts

Sunday, December 31, 2006

This year was mostly a handmade Christmas for me...I came up with the idea to make small lap quilts for my mom, Jon's mom, and my grandma. I started them all in September with the intention of finishing them all before we moved. I finished everything but the top stitching on my mom's quilt before we moved. And, of course, I didn't manage to finishing that until a few days before Christmas. They were all so well received (and it was nice to give myself an excuse to buy fabric and practice my technique).



For Jon's mom, a flannel quilt with squares of nature prints...it will be perfect for cuddling under in front of her fireplace that is always burning.

Pict4344



For my mom...a french country quilt to match the decor in her house.



Pict4674



And for my grandma, a Christmas quilt, because she loves all things Chrismas...you should see her santa collection!



Pict4352







No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It