the virgen de guadalupe

Thursday, May 31, 2007



I bought a few kits from Sublime Stitching earlier this year and I just got around to starting to stitch up the Day of the Dead kit.



My first project is this lovely Virgen de Guadalupe. Jon and I watched a few episodes of Freaks and Geeks this weekend, so it was the perfect time to multi-task! That show is hilarious and totally shouldn't have been taken off the air so soon.





I absolutely love this kit! Jon laughed when I asked him if it was weird that I was stitching up the Virgen de Guadalupe...apparently it's not a normal everyday occurrence. It was basically just my excuse to play with some loud and bright colors. I'm planning on stitching up a few more items from the kit on this linen and then turning it into a patchwork pillow that can be used seasonally each November. Hopefully I can finish it up before then!



2 comments

  1. Oh wow, that's gorgeous!! I don't think I'd have enough patience, even though she does look fun to embroider.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It