It's spring break next week for school, so I'm planning on using my extra free time to work on some quilt tops that have been sitting in my closet for a few months.
But, before I get to those older projects, I wanted to work on my new quilt project. Today I finished the Mod Sampler Quilt Along quilt top. I cut everything out last night and spent this afternoon sewing the blocks and finishing the top. I'm so excited that I was able to make this entire top out of my fabric stash! I think I'll have to wait until my shopping hiatus is over in order to finish the back of this quilt. I just don't have a lot of big pieces of fabric in my stash that will work for the back.
This shopping hiatus is definitely teaching me to use what I have and be satisfied with what I already have. I've been trying to use up my extra bobbins and thread and have saved a lot of money by not buying new matching thread to quilt blocks. It's really nice to empty some spots on my thread holder and empty out some bobbins.