A quilt for our new little neighbor

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Christina's log cabin baby quilt 

Last summer new neighbors, who just so happen to share many of the same interests as Jon and me, moved in. I never in a million years dreamed that someone who is almost as crazy about knitting and quilting as I am would move in next door. It boggles my mind! It's so much fun to have impromptu craft nights in each other's home after a long day at work.

fabric for Christina's Quilt fabric for Christina's quilt 

They're expecting their first son later this fall, so I made him a baby quilt for his new nursery. The quilt is 34"x52" and is made up of 70 log cabin blocks on point. I shrunk this pattern down to size and pulled together a palette of fabrics that should hopefully match the nursery.

Christina's log cabin baby quilt

  Christina's log cabin baby quilt

Koko had to get comfy with the quilt before I could wrap it up for the shower. She's looking forward to having a new playmate next door. She loves staring at babies!

Christina's log cabin baby quilt

I quilted this with dense stippling and I'm so impressed with the crinkle factor of the cotton batting I used.


Christina's log cabin baby quilt

The quilt is bound and backed with some fun alphabet fabric. The librarian in me loves using text prints for babies.

Christina's log cabin baby quilt

2 comments

  1. oh i love this quilt! i've never seen log cabin done in this manner before! i might have to play around with this with some yarn!!
    how fun to have a crafty neighbor!!
    -melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. the quilting on this is so amazing! i just want to squeeze that blanket! nice job :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It