Robot Quilt

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Robot Quilt for Children's Hospital 

Here's a quick quilt that I put together for the Detroit Area Modern Quilt Guild's charity donation to Beaumont Children's Hospital in Royal Oak, MI. My favorite part of quilting is pairing fabrics, and it was fun to come up with a non-girly palette based on a robot print I had in my stash. I pulled everything together back in September and then finally got around to finishing this at the beginning of November.


Robot Quilt for Children's Hospital

I used 6.5" squares (final size 6") in a grid of 9 squares by 13 squares. The final quilt is 54"x78" and should cover the entire length of a hospital bed. I backed the quilt in a super soft flannel and quilted it with wavy lines using my free motion foot.

Robot Quilt for Children's Hospital

My favorite part of this quilt is the guild label, made by our graphic designer and guild member, Amanda. She did such a nice job on our branding and it was a great way to finish off the project.

1 comment

  1. what a fun, bright quilt! it's going to make a child feel so happy and loved!
    -melissa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It