harry potter & vegetables

Friday, July 20, 2007

Jon and I have been busy re-reading the Harry Potter series. I finished up book 6 on Wednesday night and Jon has about 200 more pages to go before he's done.





The cats have been enjoying our company and somewhat undivided attention these past few weeks while we've been holing up in the living room reading. We're off to Meijer tonight to pick up copies of the final book for our weekend reading marathon. Never in a million years thought I'd be a Harry Potter fan, but two years later here I am all geeked about the new book coming out in less than four hours!



And, we've had a zucchini invasion in our garden. I seriously don't know how we're going to keep up with this crop! And I've got to do a better job of picking them before they get to be so gigantic...





So far we've been eating zucchini bread, sauteed zucchini and zucchini pancakes (recipe from June Better Homes & Gardens).



2 comments

  1. Ah, I had all the intentions of doing the Harry Potter re-reading. Life happened to get in the way. Grr! I love your quilting- I am also a big Amy Butler and Denyse Schmidt fan. I like how you used a lot of solids for your Any Way You Slice It- great thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was anxiously waiting the last Harry Potter book and finished reading it in twenty four hours. It was her best writing yet. You can cut up that zucchini and store them in the freezer to use in soups and casseroles. Her kitty is a cutie pie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It