quilt progress

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Jon and I have spent the last few evenings putzing around the house...he's doing some bonsai reading and I've been working on my quilt. I abandoned the project for a few weeks (I guess I can stop something and still come back later on).



I had intended on making this quilt for our summer bed, but seeing as the summer is quickly slipping away and we keep kicking off our down comforter every night, I figured I had better get a move on things!



So, on Monday and Tuesday nights I finished the blocks, trimmed them and sewed them all together.





Then yesterday, I marked the quilting lines (hoping my marker lines don't disappear before I have the chance to quilt them), and basted the three quilt layers.





The quilt is rolled up like a tootsie roll right now ready for the machine quilting and I'm scratching my head wondering how this queen sized quilt is going to fit through my sewing machine - another reason why I prefer free motion quilting...no right angles and no constantly rotating the quilt.



We'll see how it goes. Hopefully I can finish it up by Sunday evening!



1 comment

  1. I like the colors you used; very modern. :) I can't wait to get my sewing machine out of lay away and get sewing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It