two things

Monday, January 7, 2008

1. Why is it that the heated mattress pad that we ordered after many nights of getting into an incredibly chilly bed arrives on the warmest day of the winter? Seriously, we have been stalking the UPS tracking page for this thing for over a week and it finally decides to show up when it's 52 degrees outside.





2. I have officially given up on this pink brioche stitch scarf. I don't think I have it in me to knit another 40" of this. I don't like the Cascade 220 yarn that I'm knitting with because it keeps splitting and it's frustrating me to no end.



I was browsing around on Ravelry today and have decided to cast on for the Fuzzy Feet with this yarn. If all goes well I should be able to make two slippers out of one ball of yarn and once I felt it, you won't be able to see all the splitting that's going on.



And, this is perfect for me because I've always wanted to try out sock knitting, but I've never wanted to put the time into it, especially because my skin is sensitive to wool. Wool slippers shouldn't be a problem with socks on underneath, right?



3 comments

  1. Fuzzy Feet are my first self-knitted socks, too. I started the first pair a couple weeks before Christmas and am on my third pair now. I love that my mistakes "felt out." So, here's to hoping your Fuzzy Feet go well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so what you're saying is that the brioche turned into a beeotch?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got my heated mattress pad from Target and we LOVE it. It's by Sunbeam and it has dual controls for each side, so me and hubby don't have fight over how hot or cold we want the bed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It