sweater: wip

Thursday, February 28, 2008



I started knitting this sweater back in January and now I'm finally trying to make some serious progress on it. It's the popular Cobblestone pattern from Interweave Knits Fall 2007. You can buy a pdf of the pattern here.



So far, I've got about 10" of the body finished. Jon tried it on last night and it fits him well so far, so hopefully my gauge changes and stitch alterations will work to make a well-fitted sweater. I'm pretty confident that the body and the sleeves should give me no trouble. It's the joining of the two and the yoke that has me worried! But, I'll cross that road when I come to it.



Yarn: Patons Classic Wool Merino in Dark Olive. The label says it's dark olive, but it looks more like chocolate brown.







8 comments

  1. Oh, I can't wait to see you finish this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just finishing my DH's Cobblestone. I'm at the bottom of the last column of the instructions. I messed up a bit on where one of the sleeves attaches to the body; now there's a wee bit of a hole at the front of the armpit. Apparently, I didn't hold the sleeve close enough when I knit the row that joins it to the body. Just a heads up, in case that tries to give you any trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the look of that pattern, too. Unfortunately I'm a ridiculously slow knitter and my husband is a tall large man, so he stands little to no chance of me ever knitting HIM a sweater...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice sweater. I am not brave enough, or good enough at knitting, to attempt such a thing. I can't wait to see it when you are finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are so courageous!!! I have no guts to try anything fitted.... just blankets and scarves for me... for now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! Your trip looked fantastic! I'm ready for some vitamin D. I have not made a sweater yet, but for 2008, I hope to at least start a sweater and knit a pair of socks. Also, congrats on being quilt of the day on Sew Mama Sew!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great sweater and a great color, too! Can't wait to see it finished. I hope knitting the yoke goes well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It