Nicaragua

Monday, February 18, 2008

We're back...relaxed, refreshed, and full of vitamin D. We had such a wonderful time visiting with Kate and seeing the country. Traveling to a warm destination in the middle of winter is quite possibly the best vacation move we've made...why haven't we thought of this before?



Here are some highlights from our trip:





looking at the beautiful scenery





lounging in comfortable hammocks (with Fanta Naranja, to go)





spending time with Kate (after our hike up to the San Ramon waterfall)





enjoying the sun





kayaking in Lake Nicaragua





seeing a monkey up close in Las Isletas, Granada





going on a night tour of Volcan Masaya





zip lining on Volcan Mombacho





eating beans and rice and more beans and rice and more beans and rice...





You can see the rest of our photos (166) here.



9 comments

  1. ohhhh I love vacation photos! (I live vicariously through others who can afford it!) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh it looks SO amazing! glad you had an fabulous time guys!!! (ps: welcome back to the cold - YEAH!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this looks like such a wonderful trip! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh - this so reminds me of Costa Rica (and I do realize they are neighbors and thus are similar!) - especially the last picture - rice and beans and platanos!!! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous scenery! Looks like you guys had a great time. Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos and the whole going tropical when its cold thing is goooood. I'm dying for the year i can finally afford to go to Fiji mid winter. Mmmmm. Not sure I'd come back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so jealous! Can you hear me crying with real tears? By the way, I love the name of your blog--I happen to have both a daughter and a step-daughter named Rebecca. When my daughter was just two, she would stomp her little foot and say "My name is NOT Becky!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like a fabulous trip! I've been to Guatemala and was amazed - perhaps Nicaragua should be next!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a wonderful trip, so gorgeous! That food does look yummy, we eat a lot of beans and rice around here :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It