This quilt has been in the works for ages! With my busy school schedule I haven't been able to finish it and to top it off, I had to bring in my sewing machine to the shop for service this week. I've had my Janome for about 2 years and it's in dire need of a tune up and had been making weird screeching sounds and tearing up thread, so off to the shop it went.
Luckily, my mom saved the day by loaning me her Husqvarna Viking Sapphire 830! This machine is excellent for quilting because it has such a wide arm. It was so easy to fit the quilt through the arm hole for easy machine quilting. (I may not be giving this back when my machine is fixed at the shop.)
I was able to quilt, bind and wash the quilt on Saturday and am so glad to have another thing to cross off my never ending craft to-do list!
I tried to mimic the quilting pattern that was featured in the Modern Quilt Workshop, but wasn't so successful. There's a lot of funky parts in the quilting, but it looks fine from a distance, so I'm not going to worry.
The final quilt is 50" x 70". It's backed with a mint green fabric and bound with a kelly green fabric. This quilt is taking its new place on our living room couch for the time being (until I finish another quilt that matches the room!)