I made this baby quilt a few weeks ago and now that the shower has come and gone, I can finally post the finished project. Nathan's room is brick red, maize and light olive green, so this quilt was made to match the color scheme.
I played around with some improvisational piecing for this quilt and am really happy with how it came out. Next time, though, I'm going to pull out the scissors, put away the rotary cutter and go a little bit more crazy with the wonky blocks (thanks for the tip, Carissa).
The final quilt is about 27" x 38". I used a 100% cotton batting and did my standard free motion stippling on the top.