getting crafty again

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Thank goodness for Daylight Savings Time and remnants of jet lag. I was up at 7:30 on Sunday, and if you know me, I'm lucky if I get up before 11AM voluntarily (a morning person I am not)! I spent most of the day sewing blocks and quilt tops and it was so nice to work on projects that were moved to the back burner before our trip.


nine patch a day along

I finished the quilt top for Amanda's Nine Patch a Day Along. These blocks have been sitting in my craft closet since early in the summer and I was so relieved to finish up the top. I'm hoping to get to IKEA sometime this week to stock up on some twin flat sheets for quilt backings so that I can work on finishing the quilt this weekend.


triangles for a new quilt

Last night I cut out lots of triangles for a new quilt project. I think I'm going to make a large version of my trusty nested diamond baby quilt (here and here).



 4065994844_b6ace3fccd_o



Because I have so many unfinished projects sitting in my crafting stash, I decided to join in on Jacquie's aptly timed "Joy in the New Year Challenge" to help spur me on to finishing up some things around here. I've got 14 projects to finish up this year and I think I can manage it all before the end of the year. Wish me luck!



15 comments

  1. Really love the nine patch quilt! Haha jet lag's also the only reason I wake early! I'm not a morning person whatsoever, but there's something to be said about waking early huh hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh forgot to say that Target's got flat sheets for $11.99 (queen) and $14.99 (king)... pretty comparable to Ikea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those green triangles and I know I'm gonna flip once they become a quilt! Squee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your nine patch!! i need finish mine!! maybe i'll join in Jacquie challenge too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That nine patch is great! I do have a couple of half finished quilts as well...daylight savings time was great for an extra hour of creativity--it always seems like a little gift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the nine patch. It turned out fantastic! I think that is the next pattern I'll be making for a wedding present for my BIL who is getting married. I thought about signing up for the joy in the new year, then got super scared at the thought of counting up my UFO's. I guess it is better to finish one than none at all. I think I'll go count them. I'm sure I have twice as many as you, so wish me luck ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw Joy in the new year challenge and keep think I should hop on. I have a few things here that I would love to see finished and more fun with a challenge, right!?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. By the way, love the quilt top, looks like all those little squares took forever, but soooooo worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am just now finishing up my nine patch, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That quilt looks great - I love how you did the border. I'm not a morning person either, guess I need to travel to get on an earlier schedule, lol! That's a lot of triangles...

    ReplyDelete
  11. your nine patch is amazing, i love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Which IKEA sheets do you like to use? I've usually shied away from using sheets, because the weave is so tight.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, 14 that you are going to finish! That is awesome! I signed up for 13 and if I get them all done I will be amazed. I figured that I may as well dream big.
    Your 9 patch looks great. So colorful. I can't wait to see your quilt all made up with the triangles. Pretty pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your 9p quilt is gorgeous. Something so pleasing about such a simple design and such beautiful colours. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. the quilt is amazing...i love the border and the colors...just lovely! i enjoyed reading all about your trip. what a fab time you had!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It