Ruth's Graduation Quilt

Monday, April 21, 2014

Quilt for Ruth


My middle sister, Ruth, graduated from college last December. I, not so sneakily, asked her for her 3 favorite colors and she sent me a swatch with gray, light blue and royal blue. I pulled together a ton of fabrics in her palette and created a simple patchwork quilt based on this one I saw on Pinterest.


Quilt for Ruth

Ruth and her husband have 2 super sweet cats and a big dog, so I made sure to include some catnap fabric and some dog fabric in the mix.

Quilt for Ruth

The feline and canine cousins both gave this quilt the Craft family seal of approval!

IMG_9972

The backing is a solid royal blue, with meandering stippling in white thread. The whole quilt is about 64" x 80". My sister is super tall and this covers her up quite nicely.

Quilt for Ruth

2 comments

  1. I love it... great stippling too, and the inspectors have done their jobs well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful! your sister has great taste in colors!
    glad the animals approved!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It