Maverick Star Charity Quilt

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Maverick Star Charity Quilt
This quilt was made by my fellow Bee Beautiful Virtual Quilting Bee members. Each member contributed a few maverick star blocks to the quilt in bright colors and I sewed the top together and had it quilted by a local long arm quilter.

Maverick Star Charity Quilt
I received the quilt back from the long arm quilter on Tuesday and sewed the last bit of binding on last night. I wish I would have taken a "before washing/drying"picture because the quilting is so pretty. She did a fun daisy pattern with some wandering loops.

Maverick Star Charity Quilt
I love looking at all of the different fabrics that everyone used in their blocks. Patchwork quilts are definitely my favorite and patchwork combined with crinkly fabrics always remind me of vintage quilts.

Maverick Star Charity Quilt

The quilt ended up being 70" x 84". I binded it with a teal flowery polka dot print and used a big pink polka dot print for the backing. It's such a fun and cheery quilt!
Maverick Star Charity Quilt

Maverick Star Charity Quilt
I'm passing this quilt and the hedgehog quilt along to my dad so that he can give it to his coworker for
the collection of quilts that are going to a teen girls living at Children's Village in Detroit.

25 comments

  1. So beautiful! This turned out so nice. Love the crinkly goodness :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just warms my heart! Thanks for being such a great leader and letting us be part of this :)I think the recipient will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful quilt for a worthy cause! Everyone who took part has a right to be proud of the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is beautiful! a teenage girl should be happy to receive this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just beautiful! I love it! And it is really neat that everyone contributed to it. I love this block and all the scrappy fabrics! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love this so much! The quilting is very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! I love the quilting. I have a quilt that is all basted that I wasn't sure how to quilt - I think I'm going to try this design. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely:) I love all the bold colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, i LOVE this quilt! and how much more special that so many hands worked on it. brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really lovely - I saved the instructions for those stars and haven't gotten to them yet, I love the scrappy look. The quilting is WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy we got to work on this! :) Beautiful quilting... the crinkling makes it all that much prettier.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The whole quilt is beautiful and is a very generous donation. Some girl will be elated to use this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely beautiful! I can just see the girls smiling as they get into bed each night. what a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my this is stunning!
    i absolutely love it, you and your generous quilting group are going to make a young girl very very happy indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love a maverick star quilt. Think we are doing one with the guild for our pregnant member. Anything scrappy too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it and I think it is so cool that you are donating it. Some teen is going to absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The detailing is so beautiful and the backing is so whimsical. Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  18. that quilt is stunning!! i love the scrappy look and the quilting is so pretty! well done!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yummy pucker-ey softness.
    Love the quilt - love your wood floor too!!
    Thanks for doing all of this - such a good thing to give back.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I don't know how you do it, but every quilt you make is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Be still my heart. I might not go to work today to make a quilt like that. Oh my. I'm almost wordless! Beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It