Snowdrift Quilt

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Snow Drift Quilt Kit

Last August, Sarah (of Hip to Piece Squares) and I headed to Grand Rapids for the AQS Quilt Show. I wanted to go to see all the pretty quilts on display....but we managed to spend our entire afternoon shopping and didn't make it to any of the quilts in the show (big oops!).

The highlight of the show had to have been meeting Bill Kerr and Weeks Ringle of Modern Quilt Studio in person. Their book, The Modern Quilt Workshop, was the book that inspired me and taught me how to quilt back in 2006. I love their simple aesthetic and clean designs and my Plain Spoken Quilt is one of my all-time favorite projects.

Snowdrift Quilt (and company)

Shopping at their booth that afternoon flipped the switch for me and I've been on a quilting bender ever since then. I purchased the Snowdrift Quilt Kit along with a few of their magazines.

Snow Drift Quilt Kit

The quilt kit sat on my shelf for a few months while I mustered up the courage to tackle curved piecing. I ended up pulling out the kit and making a last minute Christmas gift for Jon's grandma (bonus: curves no longer scare me). She's been hinting at wanting one of my quilts for many years now and the colors in this kit just happen to match her living room, so it was clearly meant to be.

(I'm pretty sure I cut out the printed pieces backwards, so the snow drifts in the opposite direction in my version!)

Snow Drift Quilt Kit

3 comments

  1. wow, this is absolutely stunning! i love it and i'm sure jon's grandma was thrilled!!
    my favorite photo though, is the one with the pets... animals always have a way of distracting me from my intended focus... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is wonderful! It's so bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so colorful and cheerful. I love the curves.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It