fall inspiration

Friday, September 28, 2007

I haven't been lurking much around flickr lately and I've been missing out. I just rediscovered all of the crafty inspiration that is on the site...I've got to check back there more than once a month! Here's a few images of things that have caught my attention:



Mosaic4598426



1. Seeing Double?, 2. Autumn Corduroy Tote-closeup, 3. Patchwork Baby Quilt, 4. Star Quilt Stars, 5. baby quilt, 6. Done!, 7. Baby Quilt3, 8. craft show bags 3, 9. flea market bag 1, 10. BROWN YOYOS, 11. The Eyes Have It: Gingerbread Cupcakes with Creamy Lemon Frosting, 12. Felted periwinkles bag, 13. felted beads, 14. Felted gerbera bag, 15. Dia De Los Muertos Calavera Purse, 16. LOVE XO



And, I was so excited to find this quilt on the Denyse Schmidt quilting group. It's a What a Bunch of Squares quilt that is quilted with vertical lines rather than nested squares that were part of my initial plan. I had to abandon that quilt when I realized that I was not up for the daunting task of my first try at hand quilting on a queen sized quilt. These vertical lines are definitely doable on my current sewing machine so I'll have to add that quilt back to my current project list.



I'm still on the fall inspiration kick...starting the needle felting class on Monday (can't wait to make some cute animals and flowers), working on the new quilt, and cranking away at the granny afghan. My mom and I are out to attend the American Sewing Expo tomorrow.



And, in the meantime, Jon and I are catching up on the last three seasons of The Office...hilarious! Where were we when this show started?



2 comments

  1. Thank you so much for visiting my blog! It has been little slow (underestimation of the week) lately (sort of hectic with my studies at the moment), and also a big thanks for showing my bags here! Please feel welcome to visit me anytime again!
    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see my baby quilt up there in your mosaic! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It