triangle quilt top

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Ever since I saw the Amy Butler Electric Quilt company software preview on trueup, I've had my heart set on making the solid triangle quilt pattern included in the set (see the last photo in the preview).





I initially wanted to copy the colors in the preview quilt, but after browsing on fatquartershop last week, I ended up changing the colors to complement this polka dot fabric. I plan on using the polka dots for the binding and the floral print for the backing fabric.






I'm pretty sure these three colors are my favorite color combo. They appear all over our house and I never tire of using brown, blue and green. I really love how this turned out. It just goes to show that solid colors and simple piecing can really create a classic, clean, modern look in a quilt.

I used four yards of solid fabric for the top. I was able to cut out 20 8-inch squares from each yard of fabric. The quilt is eight blocks wide and ten rows long and is about 60" x 75", so it will be the perfect length lap quilts for the tall people in our house.

I'm planning on doing some diagonal criss cross quilting with this to accentuate the triangles. I can't wait to get this one sandwiched and quilted!






28 comments

  1. Oh my goodness! I love this! I am making a quilt for a wedding present and a variation on this might be perfect! Great colors....

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is GORGEOUS! i love it! the color combination is really great. i can't wait to see how it turns out with the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a fabulous quilt. I love it. I've been thinking that I want to do a solid color fabric quilt, and yours is very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowza!! This is absolutely gorgeous. I love the way the solids look in this style. How big are the individual blocks? I am seriously drooling on my keyboard. So inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great...one more quilt that I love and will probably want to try making! *there's not enough hours in the days for me*
    Thanks for sharing enough info to make me dangerous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice. i love the polka dot and flower fabrics--they will all look GREAT together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great! My gosh, Rebekah, how do you find time for it all?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a quilt made with solids, these colors are great. Love that polkda dot fabric too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun! I love the colors too! And your choice of polka dots is amazing:) Have fun

    ReplyDelete
  10. The quilt colours also match the "Girl With A Pearl Earing" painting :)
    I'm confused, are the pictures of the quilt that you are planning to make (with different background instead of the muslin) or of one you made, and you're using the floral as the backing fabric?
    Either way, it's a nice quilt!
    Cheers,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those colors are beautiful! I need to make one right now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is so beautiful! Can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it! The pattern and colors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE this quilt! I've never made a quilt with just solids but I'm definately adding this to my to-do list!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the colors you chose. It's going to look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is gorgeous. i'm with you on the color combo too...all through my house as well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it as it is but I am confused by how you will now introduce the floral as a background fabric? ...

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are some of my favorite colors, too! In fact, I've used the growing number of baby things in our house as an excuse to add more lime green and blue :) I love the lovely combination of basic and prints in your quilt...can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my, I love this! I really do! I love all of your quilts, and this one is another favorite. I might have to try this as well. I love love love the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your greens do really pop. this quilt looks like a great pull of your favourite colours!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's the same one I've been coveting since I first saw it too! Yours is fantastic - great color choices. Really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. i LOVE this- the color choices are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just wanted to tell you that I had to come back and look at your quilt AGAIN!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are just a genius with this. Need I say more...

    ReplyDelete
  25. this is amazing!!! i love your choice of backing and binding fabrics, too. simple is so so SO GOOD!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It