Cross Stitching Away or my fondness for Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery patterns

Monday, September 8, 2014

Cherry Blossom Sampler

Lately, I've been on a cross stitching kick. True to Rebekah form, I found a new hobby I enjoy, collected lots of thread and patterns, and started several new pieces at once. Luckily I was able to finish up my first large scale piece earlier this summer. The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery's Cherry Blossom Sampler was a ton of fun to put together. I spent many warm summer afternoons listening to audio books and stitching away on our back patio. The finished piece was framed at a great, friendly local frame shop that does quality work and I'm now hooked on custom framing.

Halloween Town Club in Progress

Right now I have three pieces in progress: Stitchrovia's Vegetable Sampler, Satsuma Street's Pretty Little Tokyo, and The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery's Halloween Town Club mystery stitch along. I'm eagerly awaiting the final clue reveal a week from Thursday so I can finish this up and have it framed in time for Halloween. I changed and rearranged elements of the third clue and adjusted the color of the house and door, but everything else follows the main pattern. I'm not really a Halloween fan, but the kawaii designs and pretty colors sucked me into this pattern!

  Halloween Town Club in Progress

2 comments

  1. I'm with you on Halloween, but that's really cute! Beautiful job on the Cherry Blossom Sampler. I love to see your handiwork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they're both fantastic!
    i love cross stitch, it's so neat and tidy, all those little x's lined up in rows. and there's so many amazing patterns out there right now. it's a good time to be a cross stitcher!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It