Quilt for Melissa's Baby Girl

Tuesday, July 21, 2009


I've been plotting this quilt ever since I found at that Melissa was pregnant. I picked out the fabric for this before she found out that she was having a girl (wishful thinking on my part!). I wanted to use this fabric because it's got a few different scissor patterns in it and Melissa is quite the accomplished seamstress and quilter. This baby will have sewing in her blood, so why not have it in her new quilt, too?





I made this quilt last year for another friend's baby. You can see the details of the construction in that post, but this quilt uses half of a crib size quilt batting, 10 charm squares and about 2 yards of fabric for the sashing, binding and backing. The patterned fabric is Moda's Wonderland and the solid is a Kona Cotton.





Melissa promises to send some action shots once her little girl arrives sometime this fall!



24 comments

  1. Gorgeous! I love the purples and greens. So sweet. I love the pattern, too. I may just have to make one up for a little boy that we are expecting in November. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's so cute! I love how you paired the fabric with the yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pattern and fabrics!!! I will have to keep this in mind, for future baby gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! And wowsa, that's a bunch of little triangles! Hmmm... I do have a Wonderland charm pack...now I have an idea for it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's wonderful! I just love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! The colors are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! The color combo is so pretty, especially that yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderland works perfect in this barnraising style. Sure to be loved.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is wonderful!!!! I love the pattern and colours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh so cute! Love it! I really love this pattern and I have some fabric ready to go that I purchased last time you made one of these. It really is on my next up list. Funny how I have a "to-do list" a "to-make list" and an "up-next list." Maybe I should stop making lists and start quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! I love that color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a beautiful quilt, i'm sure the baby will love being all snuggled up in it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! I've been trying to think up a quilt for her too...love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You know you made an awesome quilt. I love both your quilts made in that pattern. Oh, gotta make it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty! I love the colors and the wonderland :) Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really do love the fabric you used...especially that buttery kona solid. This baby is truly lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great quilt! I love the solid color you picked. It really lets the patterns shine!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the pale yellow for sashing - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  19. gorgeous! she's going to LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this fabric line too and pairing it with the pale yellow is pretty and unexpected.

    ReplyDelete
  21. gorgeous! you always have the best color choices!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It