Red Barn Quilt Along Quilt

Monday, July 20, 2009

Jon left me home alone this weekend to go backpacking in northern Michigan. It was really the best of both worlds for us...I got to take daily showers, have the bed (almost) to myself (minus the two kitties with remarkable wingspans) and he got to explore the wilderness. He came back with one (1!) pound of fudge saying, "you like fudge, right?" He claims he fell for the "buy 3, get 1 free" special.





I spent the weekend catching up on craft projects and schoolwork and hanging out with our two little kitties...mainly, my sewing supervisor, Nuku Nuku.






I had started the Red Barn Quilt along a few weeks late and, until the weekend, had only constructed the blocks for the top. This weekend, I was able to sew everything together and get it quilted. The quilt is a little too red white and blue for me (I was going for the red/aqua look, but came up short), but I do like the bright colors and fun prints in it, and I used up quite a few pieces of stash fabric.





I have no idea the final size, but I'm guessing it's around 55" x 77".




The kitties and I were able to christen it yesterday with a wonderful Sunday afternoon nap and it covered us all with room to spare.






23 comments

  1. Wow you were on a roll. The quilt is lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful!!!!!!!! And I love the quilting on it. That picture of kitty is SO darling.
    One pound of fudge? I'll be right there. LOL. I've had two people bring me fudge this summer from Mackinac.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quilt is lovely, I love the colors. And the quilting you did looks so great. A weekend alone to quilt sounds like heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, it's gorgeous! and what an adorable overseer you have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great! And It's nice to hear that does it's job so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I stay home when Joe goes in the backcountry too! Love your quilt - so cheery, and fun! Fast finish for you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! So pretty, I love the colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need to remember that my next quilt will be red and aqua! That combination is great and your quilt looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Red and aqua is such a great combination, I need to do that combo more. Your red, white and blue quilt is beautiful, even if the color isn't what you had in mind. Just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. One weekend ALONE to do what you please? Pure heaven ;-) What a cozy quilt! I want to do this design soon - did you find that it went together fairly quick? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute! The colors look so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another lovely one! I have of stash of red and blue that would be perfect for this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a weakness for red and blue. It's bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. it's wonderful! now i'm wishing i would have made mine smaller...it would probably be done by now. for some reason i made mine a full size...not looking forward to piecing the back and quilting something that large.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey, I think the quilt is wonderful - I didn't get any red-white-blue feeling from it at all, because there are no white-dominated fabrics - it's all red-aqua to me, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wowsa! I love it and you should too! I should have done that quilt along...

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's gorgeous! I doesn't scream patriotic for me, just cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's fantastic! I love red and aqua, too, but this quilt is just as nice with those 3 colors.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this! Great colors! My hubby was also gone this past week. It is so nice to get some time to just craft to my hearts content. I must say though, you definitely got a lot more accomplished than I did.

    ReplyDelete
  20. loving the quilt, very patriotic for an american! so simple and so effective!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is really a fun quilt! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  22. beautiful!! i love your fabric choices. simply amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It