Cranbrook Gardens

Tuesday, August 25, 2009


Jon and I went on a photo adventure to Cranbrook gardens on Sunday afternoon. We used to go to Cranbrook all the time when we were dating and just recently realized that it had been a while since we visited. They have a beautiful Bog Garden and Oriental Garden on the property. We spent most of our time in the Oriental Garden enjoying the views.




gingko leaves




Japanese anenome





requisite shot of Jon filming

We're looking forward to more trips to the gardens this fall and in the wintertime. The gardens are really well maintained and remind us a lot of our time in Kyoto, Japan.






yellow japanese anenome



You can see the rest of the photos from our afternoon here.



10 comments

  1. I didn't you lived in Michigan. I was just out at Cranbrook for work last week. :) They do have quite the impressive campus. I love your photos! I may have to go out there myself to play around as well. I am sure it is gorgeous in the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so calming and lovely. The bridge is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous! that bridge picture is especially stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful place! Where is Cranbrook? The funny thing is that I live on Cranbrook Road!! But obviously not the same one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. such lovely pictures - thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh I haven't been to Cranbrook in years! We used to go to the Science museum all the time, and the gardens as well. Lovely pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That garden sure is beautiful! I love visiting the gardens in the winter time-it's less crowded and just as beautiful, just in different ways.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It