local light show

Thursday, December 10, 2009

insane local Christmas light display

insane local Christmas light display

A family in our town puts up a spectacular light display each year in
their yard. They are giving the Griswold family of Christmas Vacation a
run for their money with these decorations! It is truly a sight to behold.


insane local Christmas light display

They've got lights, figurines and inflatable filling every inch of their yard. People park their cars and take a few minutes to walk up and down the sidewalk to see all of the decorations on display. I think this house is a local landmark at Christmas.

insane local Christmas light display

This choir lights up in rhythm with Christmas music that's playing through a loud speaker. And, if you look closely, you can see the countdown to Christmas clock on the left side of the photo above.


insane local Christmas light display

insane local Christmas light display

They've got a huge nativity scene set up and nine reindeers pulling Santa's sled.




insane local Christmas light display

Ever since I first discovered this house about five years ago, we've been bring friends and family by the house during December to see
the display for themselves...it's much more impressive in person!



19 comments

  1. Wow. What more can I write? That is quite the site. Do they notify the power company to up the amps? We have a Festival of Lights here in Central NY -- where they charge $12 a car load to tour the light display. Seriously, these folks could make money off this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. Where is this house?! I may need to convince my husband that we need to take a drive outside of Ann Arbor to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just watching a prog on TV about houses that go all out with lights and decorations for Christmas and this looks like it belongs on that show!! Insane! I'm not used to houses being decorated for Christmas so every year it amazes me how much effort people put into their lights.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cool. my kids would love it (husband, too). btw - I LOVE your xmas header.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a few houses around town that are similar. One is not far from our house and we are hoping to take Jackson over there for the first time this weekend. I know he'll love seeing all the lights. Seeing a house like that makes anyone feel like a little kid again.
    I love the choir and countdown clock, haven't seen those two things done so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! That is a lotta lotta lights! I love the Griswolds! That show makes me laugh hysterically.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That house really takes the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, hope they don't have that all plugged in in one place!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, mt jar just dropped as I scrolled to see the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy Crap! I thought it was a parade that you'd taken pictures of before i started reading. Their hydro/electricity bill must be insane!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wowzers. i don't really know what else to say....

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow!!! that house is very bright and shiny!surely they have some real gnomes hidden around! I don't like to pay the electricity bill!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your pictures look so fabulous.I can't even imagine it better in person, but I am sure it it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, they're going to be on the news in a minute - looks like someone tried to shut them down. Grinches abound, I guess. Hope they can keep it lit - I want to go see!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wowza! now THAT is impressive!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It