end of the year projects

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Here's my final two projects of 2009...I wasn't able to finish any of my WIPs for Jacquie's Joy in the New Year challenge, but we were able to finish up our basement and I've been devouring lots of great books lately.




coline hat

My first project is this hat pattern that I knit up from { a-black-pepper }. I had some leftover yarn from my red scarf project scarf and was debating about making another Koolhaas with it when Lucy published this pattern. I love the bubbly cables on this hat and it was really fun to knit.


coline hat

I made the medium size for the hat...either I'm a looser knitter than I thought or my head is smaller than I thought, but this hat turned out a little bit too big for me. (note: I actually think my head is smaller than I think it is, so for all future knitting projects, I'm going to go with the smaller size option).



The crown instructions were really confusing to me and I ended up knitting and frogging the top three different times before it finally made sense. My adjustments to the top are included in my ravelry project notes if you're interested.



This is such a lovely pattern, the crown is striking and I think it looks so great in red, so my little problems with the hat are completely minor in the long run. Lucy is so good at designing with cables and I always love seeing what new patterns she publishes.





•••




a dollop

After seeing Amy's Lonely Dollop, I had to buy the materials to make one for my sister for this year's Christmas gift exchange. We're always getting each other random and off the wall gifts, so I think this was perfect for her.

•••

And finally, Audrie asked me to be a part of her new quilting bee, Bee Beautiful, a few months ago. We're starting the year with my month and I just mailed the fabric to my other group members today. You can click on the link in my sidebar to see what the group creates this year.







12 comments

  1. Your cables are beautiful....What a great pattern. I must learn to knit. Must. And that is definitely an off-the-wall gift for your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we got them together they wouldn't be so lonely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that lonely dollop is hilarious.
    also, beautiful hat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heehee the poo is so cute! My sisters ought to get one each... for being little poos lol I can't wait to get your fabric! I was excitedly telling my hubs that you chose a great block and showing him in the book, and he started laughing at my excitement. Hmph.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that hat! The crown of the hat looks so neat, and I love the angle you chose to photograph it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. another fabulous hat! i love the round cable pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful hat! I have been meaning to knit a Koolhaas, maybe I will have to knit that hat too. Too many projects, too little time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pile of felt! And I can't wait to start the Bee, thanks for being the brave first! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the hat - you always make the nicest hats!
    the dollop is too hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the hat! What a great pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love that hat pattern! that will definitely be going in my queue- beautiful job!
    and that little dollop is too too funny!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It