Holiday Traditions Exchange

Friday, December 11, 2009

Holiday Traditions Exchange 2009




Sew Liberated has been running the Holiday Traditions Exchange for the past two years and my December schedule was light enough this year that I was finally able to join. I put together a little package of recipes, my holiday traditions, my favorite Christmas music and this stocking for my partner, Carrie, at sweetmommydreams.

Stitchette Stocking



I've been eyeing this Elf Stitchette pattern from wee wonderfuls ever since it was published a few years ago and finally had an excuse to stitch it up and turn it into a stocking. 

Elf Stocking Detail

I based the pattern for the stocking on these stockings that I made a few years ago. The stocking is lined with a green polka dot fabric and a layer of thin cotton batting. I had fun in the trim aisle and used an iron on rick rack and a pom pom trim that I secured with a zig zag stitch. For the foot and toe, I used fusible webbing to adhere it to the stocking base and then used a zig zag stitch to applique it to the fabric.



Stitchette Stocking






26 comments

  1. I printed that pattern long time ago, it's so cute! but I haven't done yet (maybe next year).. I like your sock (is the right name?) with those green pompoms!!! (i love all things with pompoms!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just so stinkin' cute!! The embroidery you did is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh such a lovely little stocking! cute elf too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautiful! Wish you were my swap partner!!! Really I love the stitching and the stocking is so pretty! Wow, your partner will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's charming! Iron on rickrack? How cool is that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness Rebekah - that is just adorable. I don't think I would have been able to send it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your stocking! The ric-rac is the perfect touch. I made a stocking last year with that pattern, but I like how yours turned out better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Your swap partner will be thrilled, I am sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful...Very clever and sure to be loved by your swap partner.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rebekah, that is ADORABLE! The pom pom and ric rac are just such great touches.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I luh love this stocking. I am such a sucker for cute stockings. What a lucky recipent. Wish it was me!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. completely adorable!
    and i *love* the pom-pom trim!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. it's gorgeous! what a lucky duck your exchange partner is!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is so cute! your swap partner is loving it, i am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a cute elf! It will certainly make your partner happy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! You really out did yourself with all your hand stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute! I have big plans to make stockings for our family. Someday....

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE THESE!! I am embarrassed to say that I have had 3 of these elves made (one for each kid) for over 2 years now. Along with the sketch for the stockings that they will adorn. And they're still not finished. You've inspired me!! (And thank you for visiting my blog. Your comments gave me a big cheesy smile).

    ReplyDelete
  19. So cute! Have to go back and read who it's for.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is such a beautiful stocking!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great stocking! I want one too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It