a verrry loooong weekend

Sunday, November 26, 2006


We were so glad to have a four day weekend to work on some house stuff and hang out with the fam! Jon actually has tomorrow off too, so it's more house work for him all day. I don't envy him.

I tried my hardest to bake a cute dessert for the Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday...it was a nightmare from the get-go. I saw the recipe on food tv (yay cable!) for Pumpkin spice bundt cake and really wanted to try out my new silicone bundt pan. What I didn't realize until I cooked the meal was that it wasn't a 12-cup pan. Well, Jon tells me "just put all the batter in the pan, it will just rise and you can trim the bottom off." Not so. Perhaps in a normal metal pan, but not in a silicone pan. Halfway through the baking period, the pan had collapsed on one side and all of the batter was spilling out onto the tray it was cooking on. I pulled the cake out of the oven and scooped half of it out into a bread pan and placed the bundt pan back into the oven. The cake took forever to bake and when it was finally done, I immediately drizzled the frosting over the top. Big mistake as it melted into the cake and turned into a lumpy mess. Needless to say, it tasted better than it looked. According to Jon, "now you'll know what not to do next time." Riiight...



Jon and my dad have been working on Jon's basement office all weekend. When we moved in, the room was framed but poorly drywalled. My dad has been showing Jon the ins and outs of drywalling and electrical work. They finished all of the prep work today and started on the taping and joint compound this afternoon. Jon hopes to put the three coats of joint compound on by Thursday so that he can paint it and move in this weekend. He'll finally have his own room to store all of his speakers, cables, receivers, monitors and computers and I couldn't be happier!


I spent all day on Saturday working on my ornament for the holiday ornament swap. I made some felt Christmas trees with buttons for ornaments. I've never sewn so many buttons in my life! They go in the mail tomorrow and it's great to have the project finished up a few days early!



We woke up this morning to find that Nuku Nuku was walking around with a limp. When she stood still, she would hold her front left paw up like a prancing horse. Upon further inspection, Jon saw that she has what appears to be an ingrown claw. Ouch! She's off to the vet tomorrow morning to get it taken care of. Poor thing! We wouldn't have made her model in sunglasses the other day if we knew she'd be going through so much pain!

And finally...we cleaned up and cleared out the rest of our belongings at the apartment today. Jon's turning in the keys tomorrow. It was sad to say goodbye to our first place together, but we love our new house sooo much more.

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It