cheery tote bag

Sunday, January 20, 2008



Here's a little tote bag that I made last weekend while my sister was over having a girls only craft night with me (we banished Jon to the basement for the evening). In some ways I still think of my little sister as being 10 years old and frozen in time at the age when I moved away for college. Even though the number of years that separate us have stayed the same, it's fun seeing how we have become closer as we get older and more mature (ha!) : )



Anyways...I scoured my fabric stash and used these fabrics that have been some of my favorites and too special to use (the turquoise is one of my all time favorite fabrics). It's lined with the green Denyse Schmidt fabric, with a pocket inside made out of the pink fabric (Anna Maria Horner's Bohemian line). Currently this bag is holding my new sweater project and following me around everywhere (this first sweater project is kind of intimidating me so I like to just look at it rather than actually knit it)...more about that later this week.



8 comments

  1. What a cute bag, perfect for projects! You can never have too many project bags. Where did you get this pattern? I think one of my next attempts will be to make a bag. So I have been looking for an easy, yet cute, pattern. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bag is gorgeous! A perfect way to use those fabrics that you can't bear to cut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet, sweet, sweet! Love the fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no clue how I got here, and I am so late to comment on your quilt, but I am in awe of it. My Lord, how beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's very nice and cheerful. I think I need to make myself a new bag now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that bag - what a great way to use a fabric you love but not Use it all up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It