Branden's Grad Quilt

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Branden's grad quilt
My aunt commissioned me to make this t-shirt quilt for my cousin. He's headed off to SUNY Geneseo this fall, so I used his school colors for this quilt. I know the colors are blue and white, but I couldn't tell if they are royal blue or navy blue, so I used both. Branden's super tall, so this quilt is huge! I used interfacing for the t-shirts, kona solids and stippled it with white thread.

Now I've got to finish making the college t-shirt quilt that's been sitting in my stash since 2003!

2 comments

  1. Very cool. I made a t shirt quilt for my sister for Christmas which was interesting since all the shirts were different sizes, but a fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I've been thinking about doing a frisbee shirt quilt for jay someday and I'm always on the lookout for good layout inspiration. Any tips for mixing knits and quilting cottons? Welcome back to blogland! We missed you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It