WIP Wednesday: Jumping on the Double Gauze Train

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Double Gauze Quilt 

Several people in the Ann Arbor Modern Quilt Guild have recently been making soft patchwork quilts out of double gauze and I've been meaning to try working with this type of fabric for months now. I purchased a bundle of Framework fat quarters from Westwood Acres in May and I finally cut out squares and played around with the placement this week.

Double Gauze Quilt 

I was going to go with a simple design, but after thinking about it for a bit, I think I'm going to add a thick white inset border to the quilt. This should add more of a focal point and increase the size. As it is above, the final quilt would only be around 48" x 60".

Once the top is put together, I plan to turn this into a long term hand-quilting project. It will give me a chance to enjoy the feel of the fabric and it should help to avoid some bunching that machine quilting might cause.


2 comments

  1. What exactly is double gauze? I don't think I've come across this yet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a tank top with some Nani Iro double gauze a few weeks ago and I love it but I have no idea how it's going to wash... I hope for the best!

    Those fabrics are gorgeous - it's sure to be a snuggly one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It