on craft overload!

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Pict4040



I am on total craft overload these days. I just keep seeing these cool projects that I want to make. My list keeps growing longer and longer and finally I had to stop myself. I came up with a list of things I have yet to finish (scarves, purses, quilts, stuffed animals) and really need to finish a lot of those up before I can even think of buying more supplies for new projects. The good news is that I have finally acquired a basic stash so I don't always need to run to the store to pick up things like straight pins or needles or pinking shears.



While I work on my list of things to finish here are some projects that are piquing my interest:



• ripple crochet afghan

Ever since I was a little kid, I have always wanted a closet full of blankets and afghans just like my grandma has. I think a multicolored afghan like this and this would be the perfect addition to my growing collection. Blankets are always nice to warm up under in cold Michigan winters.



• granny square afghan

I've been meaning to make one of these for at least 8 years. A girl I went to college with had the coolest afghan that her grandmother had made for her. All of the squares were bordered in black with multicolored centers. It was sweet and I want to make onejust like it.



• embroidery

Although my new year's resolution was not to pick up any more hobbies, I really want to learn how to do this. There are so many cute patterns out there and I want to try them out and incorporate them into a patchwork quilt somehow. Maybe I could use these patterns to make a japanese quilt (hoping to pick up some fabric for a quilt while we're in Tokyo...I've got the stores all scouted out).



• pincushions

I am totally loving these designs. I have pretty much everything I need to complete them, so maybe this or this could be a little interim project?



No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It