new project

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Joann's was having a sale on cotton fabric this week, so I picked out a few different patterns and came up with this knitting needle case. I based it off of some similar cases that I had seen online here and here. As with all of my projects without a pattern, there was much trial and error with this project. I bet that if I actually thought things through and made a plan before cutting and sewing the fabric, I'd finish a lot sooner and have a better outcome, but planning takes too long when I'm in "the zone." Well, at least next time I'll know what to do differently!



Here is the final project.

Pict5368_1



It's got 13 spots for needles each up to 15" long.

Pict5365_1



The top folds over...

Pict5372



then once it's rolled,

Pict5373_1



there is a ribbon to tie it with in the middle.

Pict5377







1 comment

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It