finished!

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I finished up my brick path quilt last night! So glad to have it finished! I was slow on the upstart with the free motion quilting because my needle kept breaking...but, I got the right sized needles and avoided the safety pins and it was smooth sailing after that. The finished size is about 72"x72" and it's enjoying it's home in our living room.



Pict5480



Pict5482



Here's the post wash/dry cycle crinkle...love the crinkle!

Pict5484_1



I used the green paisley print for the backing...you can never have enough paisley, right? I've used the binding method from the Modern Quilt Workshop for all but one of the quilts that I have made...it just works so well. And the whole process was made much easier this time because I upgraded my bias tape maker from this to this. What a world of difference it made!

Pict5486



And, in the most exciting news of all...Nuku Nuku has started sitting on the pillow I made all the time! My efforts were not put to waste!

Pict5472







4 comments

  1. Oooooh, wonderful! You've inspired me to try stippling my next quilt, and it does look lovely out of the wash with the crinkles, yum. Love the colours =)
    And Nuku Nuku is ADORABLE, what a gorgeous cat. It's great when they use their intended seating isn't it, lol.
    I'm so glad you commented so that I came across your great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. That is simply gorgeous. I was thinking about this quilt earlier today, and how I wish I could make one myself. But, given that I've never actually made a quilt before, I'm thinking this isn't necessarily the one to start with. Still, yours has me dreaming and inspired. Great job! (and so quick!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm stunned and inspired by your quilt - you did a fantastic job! I want to print out the picture and hang it by my desk because the colors and textures speak to me. Wow, I sound like a quilt stalker! Thanks for sharing with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK - so when your needle kept breaking (as mine jsut started doing - GRRRRR)
    what did you do to 'fix" the problem? I'm using a 14 needle! should I use a 12?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It