knitting wip's

Tuesday, October 2, 2007



I remembered how to cast on! It's been a while since I've started a new knitting project...so I wasn't sure if I'd be able to figure things out, but I did.



I'm knitting up this limade Lamb's Pride Bulky yarn into a swatch to be felted for my felting class. Next week we'll be needle felting some designs onto it. How can you look at the color of this yarn and not smile? I'm definitely digging the color. It might just end up being a third potholder to add to our lime green potholder collection. We'll have to wait and see.





And this scarf has been the bane of my existence for the last 8 months. It started out as this Taos Scarf, but then I got cocky and thought that I had the pattern memorized and messed up the directions of the cables and had to frog it. Then I discovered this pattern at the purl bee and started it over. I took it on the plane to Japan and didn't bring the pattern because I thought I had it memorized (see a pattern here?), so I messed it up again and had to frog it again. Then I started it over as a K4P4 scarf but decided it was too bland, so I frogged it again. Now it is back to the Berlin scarf from the purl bee and it's taking me forever to finish (mostly because I only pick it up once a month). But, I've been careful to re-read the directions each time I pick it up again. I've learned my lesson!



2 comments

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It