little gifts

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I recently finished up these two projects and was able to give them to their recipients on Easter...





a pillow for my sister



My sister saw this pillow and requested that I make her one. I love having a functional way to display embroidery that doesn't show the messy back side. The pattern is the Kurt Halsey Artist series from Sublime Stitching. I finished the pillow off with a patterned fabric border and backing. This fabric is from a Kaffe Fasset line, but I'm not sure of the exact pattern name.





and a purse for my aunt



I don't think I'll ever tire of making these cable knit purses. They're such a classic pattern and I really love using the Lamb's Pride yarn. I have to hold myself back from buying more of this yarn in different colors whenever I'm at a yarn shop!



Pattern: Cable Knit purse pattern from a class I took at a local yarn store

Needles: 10.5

Yarn: Lamb's Pride Bulky - Persian Peacock



12 comments

  1. The pillow is a perfect place to display embroidery. This one is darling, I don't blame your sister for putting in a request.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're pretty darn talented. I love the embroidered pillow. It's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pillow is really cute. And I agree - great place to display embroidery...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pillow is awesome. And the bag is so cute. I want to knit a bag, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely stuff! I've had the Kurt Halsey pattern for...ever. At least a year, I really should use it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the embroidery too- the colours you've chosen are lovely, I especially like the green fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you are just so talented. I love the pillow! It is so cute. And those bags are just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great pillow, I love the Kurt Halsey pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These gifts looks so great. the cable knit bag is a great color with nice handles. I love those embroidery designs too. I think embroidery adds such a nice touch of dash to projects and have been trying to incorporate it more in my quilts and little sewing projects.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that bag! (And I must learn to knit someday!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. love that pillow! the birds are so cute. and the bag is darling -well chosen color for it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both gifts are beautifully done. I have been eyeing that embroidery design myself. I was thinking of embroidering some pillow cases for my daughter.
    And I really like this purse! There is something so comforting about cable knit.
    What a beautiful blue!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It