quilt show

Saturday, March 29, 2008

I went to the Oakland County Quilt Guild Spring Show yesterday after work. Seeing all the quilts was like perusing the flickr quilting gallery, but in 3-d instead...so inspiring!



Unfortunately the lighting in the display room was horrible and I only had my little point and shoot camera with me, so the photos I did take were not so good. Hopefully you'll be able to see past the blur and wonky colors to see some inspiration yourself!





Pict3871

This was just part of a huge king sized quilt. These triangles are actually about 6" long on each side. Great inspiration for a scrappy quilt!



Pict3875

This reminded me a lot of the Dear Jane quilt blocks but in an updated version. This must have taken the quilter forever!



Pict3877

Part of a large vintage Christmas quilt from the 40's. I really love the look of the watercolor, Georgia O'Keefe style flowers. The centers of the flowers used french knots for a beaded look.



Pict3883

Loved the color combo on this quilt.



Pict3886

This picture definitely does not do this quilt justice. A king-sized diamond double wedding ring quilt. Stunning in person! Loved the bold, bright colors.



Pict3888

A log cabin quilt made with Aunt Grace repro fabrics. Love the classic vintage look of this.



Pict3889

A fish quilt with bright colors. Each of the fish had different quilting designs to give them unique scales.



Pict3892

Love the vintage redwork. I almost bought the quilt kit for this, but decided that I'm done embroidering tons of quilted dolls for now. :)



Pict3895

The Hungry Caterpillar!



Pict3881

My favorite quilt of the show...love this log cabin beach scene. Aren't those umbrellas adorable?



12 comments

  1. love, love, love the beach umbrellas! i wonder if you could do a whole quilt of those? very inspirational. thanks for the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, thanks so much for sharing these. I adore that hungry caterpillar quilt and those beach umbrellas...how did they do that? Definitely inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing the photos with us. I have wanted to make a hungry caterpillar quilt for a long time...a favorite book of my kids' and me. I also LOVE that log cabin quilt. and the last quilt is just outstanding. i can't imagine how many pieces are in that quilt. oy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilts! I'm making my first quilt right now, but haven't worked on it for a while - the sewing machine isn't as portable as my knitting needles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't quilt shows so much fun???? I love going back and forth between the vendors and the quilt displays. You're right about the endless inspiration. Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. those are amazing, I love the catapillar, that was one of my favorite books as a child. That updated Dear Jane/applique quilt is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing the pics. Such beautiful quilts.
    Hehehe...I can understand why you don't want to do more embroidered quilts, but your last one was fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a beautiful collection! i love the second one from the top, but it looks like soooo much work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love The Hungry Caterpillar quilt! The kids and I got out all the watercolors last week. While they made pictures, I coated sheets of paper with color for collage projects. I think you've inspired me to drag that stuff out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for sharing all the quilt pictures, love the hungry caterpillar quilt, guess that's the mom in me

    ReplyDelete
  11. So much inspiration! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love the last two. The hungry caterpillar was the theme of my baby shower for my first daughter. The log cabin beach scene is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It