Guelph, ON

Monday, March 17, 2008



Jon and I celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary this weekend with a trip to a bed and breakfast in Guelph, Ontario.





The B&B was such in a beautiful old brick house in downtown Guelph. The breakfasts were delicious and we enjoyed relaxing in our red room. Our host at the B&B gave us lots of great suggestions for restaurants and touristy things to do, so we were able to take in some local culture and expand our waistlines with delicious food.





On Saturday afternoon we drove to St. Jacobs, ON, a Mennonite town, and visited the farmers' market and some of the cute little art and antique stores in the downtown area. As we were leaving, we saw our first horse and buggy (!)





Then, on Sunday afternoon, we took a short driving tour of Guelph (it was cold!), and stopped off at the beautiful Catholic church perched on the hill overlooking the city.





After, we headed to Elora, ON, which is a quaint little town known for its Gorge.





We window shopped and then ended up eating at the Old Mill Inn, an inn and hotel situated right on the Gorge. We sat on the outdoor covered/windowed balcony and enjoyed our lunch while taking in the amazing view.









12 comments

  1. I grew up in Kitchener, ON and took violin lessons in Guelph. I love Elora, and just visited the town a year or so ago when I was in Kitchener visiting my mom and sisters. Happy 2nd Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a wonderful trip - beautiful scenery. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spent a summer living right behind that church! That is such a beautiful area. Happy Anniversary. I'm so glad you had such a fab time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does look wonderful. Congrats to the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the 2 year anniversary! It looks like a fun trip and an amazing town to visit. Such beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary!! That bedroom is gorgeous! So fancy looking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOO! brings back memories! I had my first post graduating job in Kitchener and spent many a weekend in St. Jacob's and Elora (the gorge is really beautiful)! Thanks for sharing! And happy anniversary!
    where do you live?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Two Year Anniversary! What a beautiful B&B!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That bed is AMAZING!!! It looks like something out of a fairy tale. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi- Thanks for your nice comments on my photos. I think my two favorite tips for landscape photos are- always plan your foreground. Maybe the foreground of the photo is something that leads the eye further into the meat of the photo or maybe the foreground really is the meat of the photo. I like to use a real wide angle lens and get down low to my foreground, stretching it a bit.
    I also really value the rule of one-thirds, this is a pretty common thing that can be found and probably better explained in photo books. But anyway, I find that I really like my horizon line (ya know sun meets land) to be at least two thirds of the photo. Although it can be really fun to have it be one third. Anywhere but dead center really.
    I just like to play with my camera really and photo things that catch my eye, so I am really not an expert.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great trip. I love that bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  12. happy anniversary! and what a beautiful spot! that lunch spot on the inn looks amazing. what a view!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It