my new quilting buddy

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Pict4059



Well, I officially have a new hobby. I was stuck inside all weekend over Labor Day and was able to cut, piece, quilt and finish my first project. I used a modified Turning Twenty pattern with 12" sqaures instead of 16" squares because I bought the wrong size fabric cuts (1/4 yard pieces instead of fat quarter pieces). The fabric is from the Free Spirit Bohemian line. As with all of my sewing projects it looks better from a distance. I really enjoyed the free motion quilting that I did on it and found it to be very relaxing. And the great news is now that fall is coming I can use it all the time to keep warm while I'm relaxing on the couch.



I enjoyed my first project so much that I bought some more fabric and have started on another quilt. Good thing I have such a helpful assistant!



Pict4070







3 comments

  1. haven't you been a productive little bee! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was your first quilting project?
    I'm SO IMPRESSED.
    I've been obsessing over some quilting books I got at the library. Your effort is certainly inspired. Maybe one of these days I'll quit looking at pictures of quilts and try actually making one....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so inspired-thank you. What a great vision you had to make use that pattern with the Bohemian fabrics. I have some Bohemian fabrics, but after that, I NEED MORE.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It