preppy quilt top

Sunday, March 15, 2009

I started this quilt top back in January after going on a little fabric shopping binge.  It's been sitting in my closet waiting for two sides of turquoise strips to be sewn to the blocks since then. I bought this pack of 5 half-yard prints from the Erin McMorris line. I think this type of quilt is a great way to showcase favorite prints from a certain line of fabric, while making something substantial.






I'm call this my preppy quilt, because it's in the style that Melissa so often uses for her cute little baby quilts.






The blocks on this quilt are 11" square (11.5" before seaming) and the sashing is 3.5" wide (4" before seaming).





This quilt is about 64" x 79". It will be a great lap quilt for lounging around the house. I think I want to use a hot pink for the backing and a lime green for the binding.



17 comments

  1. Wow, you are just on the roll! Beautiful fabrics! I love the idea of hot pink backing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! It is so beautiful and you are right about it showcasing the fabrics so nicely. And thanks for the shout out ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this one! Great fabrics and a great way to show them all off. I love that pink fabric! Another great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that black floral fabric! I am off to check out that designer, thanks!
    It's going to be gorgeous when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great...I love that thin border around the squares...and that fabric, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this quilt. I tend to make quilts that are more, lets say, haphazard, so this one makes me feel calm. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful! I love the framed blocks. I think I plan to do something like this for Melody's V-Day quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful quilt...I am still longing for one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i adore those brightly colored blocks in that deep navy blue!

    ReplyDelete
  10. fantastic!!! i need to try to use dark sashing sometime. such a great backdrop to your fabulous fabric! i love the idea of a hot pink backing and lime binding.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great quilt top! I love the idea of pink for the back and green for the binding - swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. pink and lime and turquoise...yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the dark sashing, not something you see every day, and it really sets off the turquoise. I will have to keep this in mind, I really like the big windows that showcase the fabric. That is going to be one gorgeous quilt to cuddle up under. The colors for the backing sound really vibrant and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those fabrics and pattern are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Saw your work on flickr. How beautiful! I love your quilts. And you make so much! Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the colours and patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the thinner band around the blocks. Sometimes it's those smaller details that can make something pop a bit more.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It