Morning Snack Scarf

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Well, my spring break is officially over. Now, it's back to schoolwork. I've enjoyed the time off from studying during this marathon crafting week!






I've had a productive week making the Mod Quilt along top, the Preppy Quilt top, the Flock of Triangles quilt top, the Bubble Stitch Bag, the Lizzie Dish table runner and this new scarf. I guess I actually make things when I'm not thinking about shopping or shopping...who would have thought?








I bought this yarn (Louisa Harding Grace Hand Dyed:Damson) because I liked using it so much for this Habitat Hat. At first I thought I was going to make a Foliage Hat, but I was all thumbs when I tried to start knitting in the round on dpns using only 3 or 4 cast on stitches. Then, I tried making the chunky cable hat pattern. Even though I doubled the yarn, my gauge was completely off and I made a baby-sized hat. Then along came Joanna's new pattern, Morning Snack Scarf. I had a really hard time separating my yarn without knots after winding it doubled into a ball for the cabled hat. So, I worked with what I had and made a few modifications to the pattern. Instead of casting on 21 stitches and using a #8 needle, I cast on 15 stitches and used a #13 needle. The finished scarf is about 50" long and is a great spring/fall scarf.




10 comments

  1. The scarf looks yummy - I LOVE the stitch definition. Might have to go a'yarn shoppin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it is fantastic! I love that color and the pattern is great. Think maybe I could pull it off? It didn't seem too hard for a beginner. I love your modifications on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great scarf! Sorry your break is over...

    ReplyDelete
  4. just lovely - great color too! glad you finally figured out what to make with the yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The color is beautiful, and the yarn sounds like it would be great to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go on the scarf! It's amazing how different it looks with different yarn. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to say that I am quite envious of all your productivity during spring break. I had lofty goals and only accomplished a sliver of what I intended to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love that purple scarf!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It