good weekend...

Monday, June 11, 2007

...enjoyed lots of relaxing, reading, napping, bike riding, weeding, mulching and festival-going.



We went to the Detroit Festival of the Arts on Saturday for about six hours. First we saw Jon's soon-to-be erhu teacher's band, XD Wei perform. Then we saw the fantastic Wailin' Jennys and Amos Lee perform. The weather was beautiful and the music was delightful! And, of course, there was the kettle corn, oh the yummy kettle corn!





The Wailin' Jennys are worth checking out. I'm pretty sure they've convinced me to tune up my guitar and start practicing those fingerpicking melodies again! Their voices were soulful and harmonic and the melodies they played were enchanting.



1 comment

  1. I LOOOVE The Wailin' Jennys! I'm kicking myself for missing them at the Festival of the Arts. I would kill to see them play live!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It