back to reality...

Thursday, June 28, 2007



Jon and I have been mia lately, partly because of our mission to re-read the first six Harry Potter books before the final book comes out on July 21, and partly due to this lovely little kitty. Thanks to the wonder-drug/cat pheromone, Feliway, and lots of cleaning, we now have a calm cat and our sanity back. Thank goodness for science!





Because we were so obsessed with taking care of the cat and cleaning our house, we both kind of neglected our garden. I went outside to look at it this afternoon and was amazed at how big everything (both plants and weeds) had grown. We really are going to be able to eat lots of veggies later this summer...I can't wait!







And, our flowers are filling in nicely this summer. Some coleus (my favorite):





and big, beautiful hydrangea blooms:







And finally, this afternoon we got our first Thursday edition of the Oakland Press. A few weeks ago I was coerced into buying a 15-week subscription from an amazing adolescent salesman who only needed TWO MORE subscriptions before he won some fabulous prize. I caved under his amazing sales capabilities. He is going to make one excellent car salesmen in the future. This comes as a big disappointment to me because my Persuasion and Propaganda class in college was one of my favorites. I guess I need a refresher course!



Jon, on the other hand, has this amazing ability to avoid any and all forms of door to door salespeople. In less than five seconds, he is able to turn off lights, close blinds and yell our our secret “child-salesperson approaching” codeword to warn me of the impending guilt. Next time I think I'll follow his lead and run and hide when I hear the doorbell ring!



2 comments

  1. You know, I have a cat who looks very similar to yours who I think is adding his own...scent...to some of my things. He has a particular affinity for the front hall runner. I wonder if Feliway would get the message across: "there are no invaders, you can stop telling the world that your territory begins with the front hall rug."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, a few things. I just found your site and am looking forward to reading it. My name is also Rebekah, but since my parents hated when people started calling me Becky, I have always gone by my middle name, Shannon. Can you perhaps tell me where you found that amazing bed that your beautiful cat is laying on? thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It