another new project!

Thursday, June 7, 2007

I wasn't joking when I said I was planning on making pretty much every project from the Denyse Schmidt Quilts book. I bought the fabric for the "What a bunch of squares" quilt a few days ago. You can see a beautiful example of it here.



I started cutting out one set of 8 squares and was pretty dismayed at how long it was taking me. Then I had the realization that if I folded my three yard piece of fabric into eighths, I could cut all eight pieces at once. I was so proud of myself for having this thought...seriously, so geeked!







So, here are all of the square cut and ready to be assembled. I'm planning on turning this into our summer bedspread, so this is going to be a queen sized quilt...my largest undertaking yet. I had every intention of buying fabric that would match our current duvet, but I fell in love with the green and sky blue, so it will just have to match our neutral walls for now. Trying to work on the whole balance thing, so I don't think I'll be able to whip this thing out in a week like the last quilt, but we'll see.



1 comment

  1. Oooh, I really like that pattern. And green and blue is my favorite color combination at the moment. I'm looking forward to seeing how your quilt turns out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It