knitting projects

Saturday, September 20, 2008

I finished up the Twilight Saga this afternoon (finally!) and now I can get back to real life...

I bought some yarn a few weeks ago at an LYS 20% off sale so now I've got two projects in my queue.

1. Habitat, hat pattern by Jared Flood of brooklyntweed





For this pattern, I purchased two skeins of the softest, hand-dyed (50% Merino Wool/50% wool) from Louisa Harding: Grace Hand-dyed

2. February Lady Sweater from Flintknits (making this along with just about everyone in blog land, right?)





And for this sweater I picked up 14 skeins of Mission Falls 1824 Wool in Pistachio. It's a 100% superwash merino, so hopefully it won't be too scratchy.

I want to make a bigger dent on my zig afghan before I start another project, so I've been busily knitting away on this strip over the past few weeks. Before I started the pattern, I hadn't realized that it's basically just knitting up 8 bias knit scarves and sewing them together into an afghan. Scarves are not really my thing anymore because I get so bored with them, so hopefully I won't run out of steam on this project!





And I'll leave you with a few happy pictures from our house this afternoon:





The cats napping (almost) in harmony






and more zinnias from the garden



11 comments

  1. pretty yarns, looking forward to what you wil make with them! your kitties are so cute!! i really miss mine.:( and your flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for knitting season! Or that's what I'm calling it. :) I can't wait to get the yarn I need to knit the February Lady Sweater too. What is it about that sweater that makes it so popular? I love it. That hat looks really awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great photo of the kitties and I looove your flowers! happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love that share of green! so beautiful!
    and i adore jared's stuff! so beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Grace yarn. I used a leftover white skein of it for the kool-aid dying.
    The Mission Falls wool is very soft. I use to make baby hats with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. looking forward to seeing your projects - that grace yarn looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a fun post. So many great pictures and great things happening. I love your kitties. I love the plain orange one (Sorry I don't know his name) with his cubby cheeks and big eyes. Orange cats are my favs. And I love your flowers, they are so pretty. I love fresh flowers in the house. I am also super excited for that sweater! What great colors and what a beautiful pattern. I can't wait to see it when you are done. I love the hat too. What fantastic yarn, seriously! And your stripe blanket is coming along nicely. So inspiring. You have definitly been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your green yarn! For some reason, I seem to be really into green lately. Without even noticing it, I've purchased yarn in 4 different shades of green.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sweater makes me wish that i was a knitter. Can't wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It