knitting time

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

While I'm sad that summer is drawing to a close around here, I'm getting excited to get back into knitting for the fall and winter. I've got two new protégés to teach (Jon and my sister, Rachel), and I'm on the lookout for new things to try myself.

Knitalong
 
A few weeks ago I picked up 5 skeins of Berroco Ultra Alpaca with only
a vague idea of what I wanted to make. I've never gone into a yarn
store and bought anything on a whim before like this, so I was lucky to
find the perfect pattern for this yarn! I'm planning on making Olive's
afghan that's featured on the cover of knitalong
(zig zag afghan, bottom middle). It's actually made in the yarn that I
purchased, so I'm all set to go. I just got the book in the mail and
now I just need to wind these hanks into a ball.




PS. You can check out Craftsanity's interview with the authors of knitalong here.



9 comments

  1. Fall is definitely knitting time for me. I love running warm wool through my fingers and moving them while knitting keeps them from getting cold! That yarn you bought is so beautiful. I'm going to have to get my hands on that book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new header!
    You always pick the coolest things to do. I can't wait to see your finished afghan. Love the colors, you've got me itchin' for Fall. :~)

    ReplyDelete
  3. those yarns are SO yummy. great colors! and i know what you mean - i've started crocheting again teh past few weeks... so nice to be back in the groove!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that afghan, can't wait to see your version!

    ReplyDelete
  5. my sister (as you probably already know this) can't wait to start her fall knitting either. hope you have fun teaching your 2 new students!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, those yarn colors are delish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those colors look great, and so is the pattern. Looking forward to seeing your finished blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That yarn is gorgeous! I love that blanket.
    Isn't it a pretty book? I made 2 squares for the Barn Raising Quilt used in the book. One of them is featured on page 146. They even credit me. I am kinda embarrassed about this one, but read the chapter on Knitting Blogs at page 75.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It