oh no...not another hobby

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Pict4658



I've found yet another hobby to occupy my time...knitting. There is just something so relaxing and wintery about it...truly the perfect hobby for the winter months. Not to mention, it's a great way to catch up on all of the cable tv I've been missing out on for the past 25 years! With the help of my friend Joli, and this great online knitting how-to website, I've been working on knitting a few different scarves.



Pict4638



Pict4649





I just finished up this orange scarf for my sister, Rachel, for Christmas and I've got some more in the works for the coming weeks.



And who knew they had stores dedicated to selling only yarn and knitting/crocheting supplies?!? I've checked out City Knits in Detroit where I picked up some Manos del Uruguay yarn and Ewenique Knits in Royal Oak, where Jon picked out some yarn for me to make a scarf for him (thought he'd keep me from spending money, but it was the other way around - what a perfect match we are)



Pict4654



1 comment

  1. Wow! Your scarves look great! I agree about knitting being the perfect winter hobby. And KnittingHelp not only has the great how-to videos, but the message boards there are awesome - if you ever need a quick answer to a knitting question, it's the right place to go.
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It