vinyl handbag and wallet

Sunday, April 15, 2007

460501405_742bcf0567



I picked up this vinyl fabric on a whim as I was headed out the door of Tomato in Japan with all of my purchases. I wasn't sure what I would use it for, but I loved the design, so I bought a meter to play with. After looking at Denyse Schmidt Quilts, I realized that this would be the perfect vinyl for her zig zag bag and wallet. I purchased some black vinyl locally and got to work on this.



460492868_6f91d2b32c



I had a bit of trouble sewing two layers of vinyl together at first, but after switching to my walking foot it totally fed the top and bottom layer easily and didn't cause any other alignment problems. I whipped up these two bags in a few hours and I love how they turned out. I especially love the font for the numbers on the measuring tape.



460501193_15296c1ad1



And...I finally conquered my fear of sewing zippers...I even shortened the zipper, because I couldn't find a 6" yellow zipper at the store. I see more of these little pouches in my future!



460501337_bcd0cdaa97



No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It