tea cozy

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

While we were in Tokyo, we had tea at a cute little tea shop in Roppongi Hills. We were each served a cup of tea along with getting a tea kettle and cozy filled with extra tea. Both Jon and Joel requested that I make tea cozies for them when we all returned home.



470180340_4e3f9f4d27



Joel and I had completely different visions for this tea cozy. He wanted to use his printed Mt Fuji fabric on the inside and a plain white fabric on the outside and he wanted a tea cozy large enough to fit over both his japanese teapot and a standard kettle, but didn't want it to be too big.



I followed his instructions as best as I could, but well...this project turned out to be a bit of a dud...



470180304_21784da060_2



I really like how the quilting pattern that I used worked out and I like the bias tape closure at the bottom...but other than that it's just blah. Joel claims that it's just too big, but I did follow his specific directions that it fit over both a japanese teapot and a standard kettle. Here are some adjectives that were used to describe this puppy: HUGE, a bishop's hat, gigantic, big enough to fit two kettles and a cup of tea, etc.



Well, I've learned my lesson and next time I work with Joel I'll be sure to ask for design approval during each step of the process. In the meantime, Jon's requested that I make one just like it for us to use ... with a patterned fabric on the outside instead. :)



No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It