new quilt

Thursday, May 31, 2007



I bought the fabric for this quilt a few months ago and I've only now gotten around to starting a new quilt. I've had the templates enlarged and printed for quite a while, but they've just been sitting around waiting to be used. The pattern I'm following is the Any Way you Slice It quilt (you can see a beautiful quilt made from the pattern here)from Denyse Schmidt Quilts. I love the pattern because I've always wanted to make a crazy patchwork quilt and this gives me the crazy with a nice neat pattern (the perfectionist in me comes out!) I'm really hoping it rains all weekend so I don't have to feel guilty for staying inside and sewing. We'll see how that goes!



I was going for the brown/turquoise/green/pink/orange color scheme. I think it looks really summery, so I've got to finish it soon to be able to enjoy it this season. Tonight I got the first 14 blocks cut, laid out and sewn together.





And, I made a delicious greek pasta salad for dinner tonight. This one is definitely going to become a staple in our house. The dressing evenly coated everything and the recipe used a lot of ingredients that I don't normally think of putting in a pasta salad...mushrooms, green onions, and green peppers. Delish!



1 comment

  1. It'll be fun to see this when it's all done! :) Stay inside and work on it anyways.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It