fall

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I am so excited that fall has finally arrived! We were able to enjoy the beautiful colors up north at my aunt and uncle's lake house...seriously...is this not the most gorgeouse bedroom window view?







We had a little weekend getaway with two of my college roommates and their husbands' this weekend...lots of good food, laughter, paddleboating and Settlers of Catan playing. It was great to get away.





And, as a special treat, I got to drive my new car up north. I ordered this car over a month ago and it arrived on Wednesday, just in time for our trip. A car that gets 40mpg is a nice tool to have when gas prices are so high! Now, Jon and I have matching cars. A four door Yaris sedan for me and a two door Yaris hatchback for him. Matching glasses and matching cars...we definitely spend too much time together!





I was able to get lots of hooking done this weekend on my granny square afghan. I tired out my wrist while I was fiendishly working, so I'm taking a bit of a break from crochet this week.





In the meantime, I started cutting out the strips for my handkerchief corners quilt. I'm almost ready to assemble the squares...just have to finish trimming the strips and cut out the white squares for the center.



3 comments

  1. It is a awesome view! Your squares are looking very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your granny squares look wonderful! Ya know, those colors look awfully familiar. Are you using Red Heart Soft yarn by any chance? That's the yarn I'm using and the colors look very much the same. But I like your combinations better. They're going to make a really pretty, cozy afghan so don't give up on this one. Keep us posted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Granny squares are like magic to me. I'm a total fan of Toyotas and Hondas. My Honda Civic gets good gas mileage, which is very important to me. Glad you had a fun getaway.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It