new quilt

Wednesday, September 19, 2007



I bought this Denyse Schmidt Katie Jump Rope fabric from Cia's Palette (highly recommended with great customer service!) earlier this summer and have been trying to come up with a scrappy patchwork quilt pattern to make with it.





I found this handkerchief corners pattern in Kaffe Fassett's Passionate Patchwork. It reminds me of an inverted log cabin pattern. I'm planning on using this pattern and my new Katie Jump Rope fabric for my next quilt. I bought some white fabric to use for the squares in each block and then I'll use the printed fabric to make the corners. I'm looking forward to getting started on this once I make some more progress on my granny square afghan.





And, I found this quilt in a Country Home book from my mom's collection. I love the pattern on it, Orange Peel Reel, but have had a hard time finding an actual pattern for it online and in quilting books. A version of this quilt might just be my foray into quilting curves...



6 comments

  1. Oh, that is going to be a fantastic looking quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very tempting photo of the fabric...I think it'll go great with your chosen pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that fabric line, it should make a wonderful quilt!..especially with the pattern you chosen :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think is also called "borrowing from peter to pay paul" or just "Orange peel" really old pattern so look in a book that has old patterns.
    love the Kerchief quilt your starting so pretty! fabric too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's interesting - most of the quilts I've seen that utilize all of one fabric line I haven't generally liked (for instance,some of the sample quilts on the Freespirit fabric site). But I really like your take on that Kaffe Fassett pattern! I think your choice to use white space really pays off and highlights the fabric even better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your color scheme! Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It